The origins of the city of Barcelona, which have been defined thanks to archaeological remains and literary and cartographic sources, date from the 1st century A.D., when the Romans established a small colony around the Taber mount. Its whole past is projected into its present.
The Barcelona of the 21st century is a city shaped by the '92 Olympics, a city transformed for and by the need to do justice to that great international event.
The Barcelona we see around us now, the Barcelona we enjoy today, is a new Barcelona, Mediterranean in keeping with its traditions, with its face to the sea and its arms open to other cultures and peoples, giving and receiving, happy to make and to share its riches.
The Barcelona of the 21st century is an European capital of astonishing cultural energy and a passion for progress, a city whose day-to-day life brings together every imaginable facet of the most diverse activities: these are the potential that has fashioned the city's present and give it the impetus to move forward into the future.
- How to get to Barcelona
- Barcelona City Official Web Site
- City Public Transportation
- Barcelona Tourist Office (Visits, Accommodation, Tours, Entertainment, ...)
- The Grand Theatre of the Liceu
- The Palau de la Música Catalana
- The Barcelona Auditorium
- The National Theatre of Catalonia
- The Poble Espanyol (Spanish Village)
- The Cathedral of Barcelona
- Barcelona-on-line (Traveling, Accommodation, BCN Guide, General Info, ...)