10TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADAPTIVE MODELING AND SIMULATION
We would like to invite you to participate in the 10th International Conference on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation (ADMOS 2021) which will be held 21-23 June 2021. Due to the current pandemic we have decided to host the conference in a digital format at Chalmers University Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden. Hopefully in the near future we can meet again in person and in a safe way but until then we are preparing a professional online venue and we would like you to take part in the fully-online experience.
Numerical Modeling and Simulation are increasingly used as a complementary tool to Experimental Modeling and Analysis and as a design or certification tool in engineering applications. However, after more than thirty years of scientific investigation around Adaptive Modeling and Simulation, the problem of properly assessing and controlling the quality of the numerical solutions still represents a relevant issue in the scientific community. Nowadays, it is well-established that a certain maturity has been reached in this context, as well as calculations for industrial applications can be verified and error bounds can be provided in many cases. Nevertheless, the design of sophisticated engineering systems requires increasingly complex and coupled modeling and verification tools are still lacking in these cases. Furthermore, new challenges characterize the actual industrial demands, such as fast calculations for real-time decision making, design optimization, inverse analysis, simulation-based control, in particular in the presence of uncertainty.
The main goal of ADMOS 2021 is to provide a forum for presenting and discussing the current state-of-the-art achievements on Adaptive Modeling and Simulation, including theoretical models, numerical methods, algorithmic strategies and challenging engineering applications.
ADMOS 2021 is jointly organized by Chalmers University of Technology, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and CIMNE and it is promoted by the European Committee in Solids and Structural Mechanics (ECSSM) of ECCOMAS. ADMOS is one of the conferences that launched the ECCOMAS series of thematic conferences. The previous editions were held successively in Göteborg in 2003, Barcelona in 2005, Göteborg in 2007, Bruxelles in 2009, Paris in 2011, Lisbon in 2013, Nantes in 2015, in Verbania, Italy in 2017 and in El Campello (Alicante) in 2019.
We look forward to receiving your abstracts and welcoming you to join the online conference in June 2021.
Chairs of the Conference
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
RWT Aachen University, Germany
Jönköping University, Sweden
JP Moitinho de Almeida
Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Big data and data assimilation
- Biomedical simulations and applications
- Domain decomposition & HPC
- Dynamics and nonlinear problems
- Error estimates (guaranteed bounds, goal-oriented, space/time/phase)
- Immerse Boundary Methods
- Industrial and engineering applications
- Mesh and model adaptivity
- Multiscale, multimodel and multiphysics
- Optimization and inverse problems
- Reduced order modeling
- Stochastic modeling
People willing to organize Minisymposia on a specific topic are kindly invited to send their proposal to the conference secretariat providing a temptative title and a short description.
The preliminary list of confirmed MS follows:
Advanced methods for data assimilation/inverse problems (connected with adaptive modeling)
Ludovic Chamoin, L.M.T. Cachan, France
Applications of goal-oriented error estimation and adaptivity
Serge Prudhomme, École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
Fictitious domain: methods and applications
Juan José Ródenas, Universidad Politècnica de València, Spain
Enrique Nadal, Universidad Politècnica de València, Spain
Ernst Rank, Technical University of Munich ,Germany
Mesh adaptation techniques for numerical simulation
Franck Ledoux, CEA, France
Adrien Loseille, Gamma3, INRIA Saclay, France
Suzanne Michelle Shontz, The University of Kansas, United States
Per-Olof Persson, University of California, United States
Sergio Zlotnik, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
DIGITAL FORMAT OF THE CONFERENCE
- The conference will last 3 days including 5 regular sessions and a Plenary Lecturer every day.
- A regular session includes 6 talks of 5 minutes each plus a 30 minute live discussion.
- Plenary talks are allocated up to 25 minutes plus a 20 minute live discussion.
- All talks will be pre-recorded and broadcasted live during the conference with a live discussion in each session.
- Proceedings, in form of abstract and recorded oral presentations, will be published (with DOI) and permanently stored in an open access platform.
Welcome to Gothenburg!
/Göteborg & Co Happy Visuals
/Göteborg & Co Chalmers Beatrice Törnros
/Göteborg & Co Jorma Valkonen
/Göteborg & Co Beatrice Törnros
/Göteborg & Co Anders Wester
/Göteborg & Co Frida Winter
/Göteborg & Co Tina Stafrén
/Göteborg & Co Lars Ardarve
/Göteborg & Co Dick Gillberg
/Göteborg & Co Chalmers
ADMOS 2021 will take place in a digital format in Gothenburg, Sweden. Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university that focuses on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, maritime and management areas. Chalmers is located on two campuses: Johanneberg in the city centre, and Lindholmen in the middle of the expansive Norra Älvstranden (north of the river). Chalmers also conducts research at Onsala Space Observatory 45 km south of Gothenburg. The university is named after its major benefactor, William Chalmers, one of the directors of the successful Swedish East India Company in Gothenburg. Chalmers University of Technology was founded in 1829 through the will of William Chalmers.
Gothenburg blends a distinct feeling of charm with the pulse of modern urban life and creative atmosphere. The city is in the middle of an exciting period of infrastructural and content development and is also filled with flourishing gardens, historic sites and buildings, and magnificent museums. The tram-rattled streets are lined with cosy cafés and restaurants, some of them internationally renowned for their haute cuisine. Gothenburg is also home to Scandinavia’s largest amusement park and with a location on the Swedish west coast you will be on a ferry in less than 30 minutes from the downtown area to explore the tranquil archipelago.
Gothenburg has been an international city since it was founded in 1621 and in fact, next year Gothenburg celebrates 400 years!
For almost 400 years Gothenburg has looked outwards toward the sea and the world beyond. Our city was built and planned by Dutch and Germans. As a maritime city of trade and industry we have fostered close relationships and been able to exchange skills with many other countries. International contacts, outside influences and people from different cultures have always been an asset to Gothenburg, and still are today. We are a sustainable city that is open to the world
Gothenburg is an open and accessible city. It offers almost everything you would expect of a cosmopolitan city – within walking distance. All you need is right in the city and you can get everywhere on foot – from the Central Station to your hotel, to the arenas, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. But it´s not just close to everything; it´s also easy to get here. The international airport is just 20 minutes from the city centre and you can get direct flights here from more than 65 European cities.
Today, Greater Gothenburg is home to 970,000 people from almost every country on the planet. It is they who give the city its soul, its pulse and its unique atmosphere. In Sweden Gothenburg have a reputation for their friendliness and hospitality, and many who visit the city for the first time can attest to just how welcoming it feels.
Gothenburg has sustainability in its DNA and is a four-year consecutive winner for the world’s most sustainable meeting city according to the Global Sustainability Index.
It is easy to organise a sustainable meeting in Gothenburg. With world-class and internationally recognised green system solutions in place and with great experience in making major events sustainable and accessible Gothenburg strives to minimise any negative impact on people and the environment.
Gothenburg is one of Sweden’s foremost innovation environments. Universities, science parks and research institutes are based here and there is a strong commitment and a well-developed collaboration between academia, the public sector and the business sector.
- Deadline for presenting a one / two page abstract: 1 March, 2021
- Notification of acceptance of the contributions submitted: 8 March, 2021
- Deadline for speaker registration(*) and early bird rates: 26 March, 2021
(*) Speakers are required to finalize their registration before April 23, 2021 in order to get the presentation included in the Conference Programme.
- Registration for payment: You are invited to register for the payment now. Please choose your fee and press the blue payment button. You will be directed to the Meetx website where you will need to register in order to make your payment.
If you have any queries about the registration please do not hesitate to contact the conference secretariat at Meetx: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fees are expressed in SEK. Early bird rates applicable if paid by 26 March, 2021.
- Registration fees include: Participation in the conference and proceedings with all oral presentations (with DOI) permanently stored in an open access platform.
- Important information regarding VAT and Reversed Charge: The fees are stated in SEK excluding Swedish VAT. Please note that delegates representing a company or organization from a country outside of Sweden are NOT required to pay Swedish VAT on the virtual conference registration fee.
- Outside EU: If you are from a country outside of EU you can register without a VAT number.
- Inside EU: A valid VAT number is mandatory, otherwise VAT will be added to your registration fee. It is important that your number is stated exactly according to EU standards.
- Delegates from Sweden and private persons: Delegates from Sweden and private persons are required to pay VAT on the registration fee (25%). You do not need to enter your VAT number at this stage.
- Final acceptance is contingent upon payment of the registration fee by the speaker before Apr 23, 2021.
- ECCOMAS and IACM fees published already include the 5% deduction on the delegates Non Member fees. To take advantage of this reduction, please fill in the downloadable form and send it by email to email@example.com.
- Student registration: Student rate attendees must send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, a letter from their Department Head/Chair that states that the attendee is a full time student.
- Refund Policy: Registered attendees (AUTHORS AND NON AUTHORS) are liable for their full fees once the payment is processed (i.e., NO Refund will be made). If you cannot attend the conference, your registration is transferable to another member of your organization. An administrative cost of SEK 250 (EUR 25) will be charged.
This area is for Authors only.
Submission of abstracts, conference registration as well as payment (through Meetx), has to be performed electronically, via the conference website.
Authors are invited to submit individual contributions related to any Conference topics (no code is required, the Topic can be selected from the drop-down menu when uploading the abstract).
Submissions to MS are by invitation.
One/two page Abstract describing the main features of the presented work have to be submitted by March 1, 2021.
The submitted contributions can be further edited or updated but only by the registered participants. To make any change in the contribution submitted you have to login as the registered participant, update the paper information and submit the new file.
If you want to check that the submission was successful, refresh the website and login again.
To avoid double registrations, please do not create a new record.
It is expected that the corresponding author will provide the talk.
Only one presentation per registration is allowed.
Final acceptance is contingent on the payment of the registration fee by the presenting author before April 23, 2021.
Please contact the Conference Secretariat (email@example.com) for any further information.