The Annual General Assembly (AGA) is an international conference of the International Association of Maritime Universities (IAMU). The conference brings together experts and official representatives of each member university from all over the world to discuss recent progress and future trends in maritime education, training, research and other matters within the scope of IAMU.
IAMU AGA2017 will be the 18th conference as a sequence of events that started in Istanbul in 1999, and were held more recently in Constanta (2013), Launceston (2014), Opatija (2015), Haiphong (2016), and Varna (2017). In 2018, AGA will be held for the first time in Barcelona, and hosted by Barcelona School of Nautical Studies of Polytechnic University of Catalonia - BarcelonaTech.
Time for Action: A new thrust for the future of MET & Research:
- Enhancing applied research in the maritime education institutions
- Role of women in the maritime industries
- Enhancing cooperation & social responsibility in the maritime field
- Impact of new technologies in maritime education
- Safe, secure and efficient shipping